Thread: Apex dp vs ppro pin routing

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered
    BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Apex dp vs ppro pin routing

I have a p pro and when closing the container the pins go in r-l. I just got an apex dp and in order for the pins to be in the rite orientation on the bridal the pins must be closed l-r. Asylums bridal has pins the opposite of apex even though the closing flaps are in the same configuration on each container.

Here is my question: when the asylum pins pull they slide clean and the pull dynos at 3 lb. the apex rig with my asylum bridal r-l pulls the same 3 lb. When i use the apex bridal on the apex rig it pins l-r. When it opens the pins bind up and the closing loop acts like its too tight. The flaps grommets have to squeeze closer together to release the tension before "popping". Apex rig dynos at 5 to 8 lb. I loosened the closing loop all the way up and it still binds a little. The pins dont slide, they bind and pop. Is this normal with apex? Can i use an asylum bridle since it works better r-l? Do i have a bad bridal? I do not feel safe the way it is

Re: Apex dp vs ppro pin routing

If you have a Question abut apex gear you can call or e-mail Todd Shebotham, he know more abut apex and any type of gear than any one.

Apex BASE
    41610 Date Street
    Unit 101
    Murrieta, CA 92562

Telephone: 951.894.6000
    Fax: 951.894.4005
    Email: perris@apexbase.com

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Already called several times and left messages, been having problems reaching anyone at apex in general.

have you try top pin to bottom and bottom pin to top or prime the pin (if I'm doing a 150ft or lower I prime the pin) and check how much lb it take to pull, It all depend on how high the object is, have you talk to your mentor, just go to twin fall bridge and jump it lot, it well loosen up. all my contaner is from Morpheus so I don't know much abut dp I seen it they look good but that's abut it, you can check with local riger too if you what most of the rigger is a BASE jumper.

jimmy

Apex BASE Moab
    126 Old Post Office Rd.
    Boulder, CO 80302

Phone: 435.650.2118
    Email: moab@apexbase.com

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Do you mean to have the pin closest to the canopy attachment go to the bottom of the container and then pin the next pin in line to the top of the container?

I dont think i like this idea too much. Could work i suppose but i dont want to try it.

It would make sense to me that the bridal pins are opposite of my asylum bridal only if the closing flaps were opposite also. Right flap on top.

Try this, if your rig closes right flap under left flap you close your container with the pin sliding in pointy side left and the eye on right side. Now try putting the pin in from the opposite side... It will not slide properly.

My bridal is made for either a diffrent rig or is wrong from the start.
    "If i put it in r-l like in there packing video the bridal pulls on the bottom of the eye instead of the top. This causes a total container lock or major delay in extraction of pin because of massive tention. dynos between 7 lb & total mal

https://www.apexbase.com/index.php?r...formation_id=6
    Apex Owners Manual 5th Edition download link

6.3-4 Closing the container.
    -4a Check to ensure the closing loops are made of Type 2A nylon and are 3/4 inch (19 mm) in length, this dis-
    tance is measured from the top of the knot to the end of the loops. Insert a pull up cord in the closing loop located
    on the bottom flap.
    -4b Pass the pull up cord through the bottom right side flap grommet, and pull taut. Then pass the pull up cord
    through the bottom left side flap grommet, and pull taut. The bridle must be above the grommets .
    -4c Place the second curved pin (counting from the canopy) through the bottom closing loop. Drawing 6.6-4
    -4d Insert a pull up cord in the closing loop located on the top flap. Any fabric should be tucked toward the sides
    of the container and shaped to fill any hollow spots. Do not stuff this fabric into the middle of the container for
    this will make the corners too soft. Tuck the dynamic corners in, encouraging them to fold along the bottom of the
    container.
    -4e Pass the pull up cord through the top right side flap grommet, and pull taut. Then pass the pull up cord
    through the top left side flap grommet, and pull taut. Place the first curved pin through the top closing loop.

BLiNC Magazine Suporter

Thank you but still not aswering my questions.

Im still wondering if all apex rigs and bridals are meant to pin left to right. Or if there is a trick to a reverse bridal. Iv never had a reversed pin bridal. Also if it is meant to be that way, why?

Otherwise i will get a normal bridal for it from another company since apex wont answer there phones.

epicry,
    I have a DP, summit, and a TLs.
    On the DP and TLs i close right flap then left flap with the bridle coming out of the top right.
    On the summit i close it left flap then right flap with the bridle coming out the middle.
    On all 3 rigs i have the pins oriented horizontally with the eye on the left and pin tip pointing to the right. My pins are frowns (curving down), not smiles (curving up).

Quote Originally Posted by epicry View Post
    Thank you but still not aswering my questions.

Im still wondering if all apex rigs and bridals are meant to pin left to right. Or if there is a trick to a reverse bridal. Iv never had a reversed pin bridal. Also if it is meant to be that way, why?

Otherwise i will get a normal bridal for it from another company since apex wont answer there phones.
    I have three DPs with the standard Apex bridles. The pins sit with the left-to-right orientation that you describe when I close the rigs. Don't sweat this. The reason we use curved pins is that they immediately orient themselves with respect to the "tug" placed upon them. Unless your closing loops are stupid-tight, the pins will immediately stand up on their spines and swivel parallel to this "tug" vector. So don't get hung up on any pin voodoo. Proper closing loop length and proper bridle routing is all you need.