Thread: 5-9-13 potato state mishap

1. Header
  2. Header-73

BASE jumping is a highly dangerous sport that can severely injure and kill participants. It may kill you. The moderators of BLiNC do not recommend BASE jumping to anybody!

Read the BASE fatality list and the Fatality Statistics page and think long and hard before making a BASE jump.

@see Wiki category Problems to learn about how to handle issues that can occur while BASE Jumping.

5-9-13 potato state mishap

someone got hurt. helicopter got called. that's all I heard so far. anybody else got info?
    Thomas

Re: 5-9-13 potato state mishap

I was there on top when the base jumper landed on a steep rocky slope resulting in fractures and what ever else. About 9 jumpers were in area having recently jumped and went to help. The helicopter shortly arrived along with search and rescue. The accident was about 1 pm Thursday. Several hours later another jumper landed in the river and was also taken to the hospital. The headline in the local Twin Falls Times News Friday morning headlined: "A Bad Day For Base Jumping". Perhaps true but not representative of the routine jumps that take place yearlong on a regular basis. This appears to be a busy weekend with a couple of first jump courses. I'll leave it up to any base jumper who was around to provide more specific information.