Thread: “Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight”

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

“Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight”

Honest and exceptional documentary on human wingsuit flight: “Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight

With the new release of the documentary “Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight”, Team Thirteen have created an honest and exceptional view into the world of wingsuit base jumping. Matt Gerdes, Mike Steen, Ellen Brennan and Loic Jean-Albert share their world with all of us, and takes the viewer to the very edge of the cliff and beyond. I for sure felt like I was there, flying full speed past the steep landscapes, diving into canyons and cracks!

Evolution of wingsuit proximity flying
    documentary that stays true to the base jumping community in every sense. Unlike most other base jumping related documentaries shown on TV, where every third sentence contains words like death, if they make a small mistake, illegal or adrenalin junkies, this documentary takes us through the evolution of wingsuit skydiving to base jumping proximity flying. Matt, Mike and Ellen speak their minds and invites everyone along, invites everyone into their beautiful world of human flight.

Anticipation, Silence, Focus – the true feeling of the moment before stepping off the edge
    Having stood there on the edge myself many times (in a tracking suit), I can highly recommend one particular moment in this documentary. I enjoyed this a lot, and watched over and over again. I hope

'BIRDMEN' is the first documentary ever made that covers the past, present, and possible future of the sport.

that this film can let any non-base jumper share just a tiny bit of this unique feeling. The section between 20:55 and 21:20 where the team inch their way to the exit point. Thanks for not having any voice-over or loud music in this section – this part, to me, truly portrays the unique feeling on the edge just before exit. This is part of what makes base jumping so special, where each jumper mentally prepares him- or herself, the silent focussed last few steps towards the edge…

Rent it or buy it – it’s really worth watching
    Last edited by airdog07; July 21st, 2013 at 04:04 AM.