Thread: Wioletta Roslan, a 37 year old Swedish base jumper

1. Header
  2. Header-73

BASE jumping is a highly dangerous sport that can severely injure and kill participants. It may kill you. The moderators of BLiNC do not recommend BASE jumping to anybody!

Read the BASE fatality list and the Fatality Statistics page and think long and hard before making a BASE jump.

@see Wiki category Problems to learn about how to handle issues that can occur while BASE Jumping.

Wioletta Roslan, a 37 year old Swedish base jumper

Pregnant base jumper died instantly after freefalling 990ft on final leap
    Wioletta Roslan, a 37 year old Swedish base jumper was four months pregnant when she decided to take her final jump off Via Ferrata cliff naer Stechelberg, Switzerland.

Wioletta Roslan

3:17PM BST 17 Sep 2012

Miss Roslan and her boyfriend, Aleksander Domalewski, stepped over the edge but her parachute failed to open.

The Swedish adrenaline junkie spread her arms awaiting the impact of the 990ft drop and died instantly.

In a recent interview for Swiss television, Roslan said: "I only feel alive when I jump. I find normal life boring. I know that death always flies with me but we only have a certain amount of time on the earth. When the sun goes down then it's game over whoever you are."

After taking up skydiving as a 19-year-old in Malmo, Sweden, Miss Roslan managed to build a successful career as an inspector working on oil rigs while travelling the world as a Base (Buildings, Antennas, Spans and Earth) jumper in her spare time.

The cliff was a favourite Base jumping spot for Miss Roslan and she had been there many times before with her partner.

Local emergency doctor Bruno Durrer, said: "Every death in the mountains is tragic but this one was particularly so because I knew her

and also because she was pregnant." Her mother Halina Zaniewska-Pettersson, 68, said: "I was always terrified every time I knew that

she was doing the sport again and I kept expecting the worst.

"When she said that she was going to do one last jump while pregnant I begged her not to go.

"But she always wanted to carry on. I couldn't force not to do it – she was old enough to make up her own mind about things.

"I am totally devastated and shocked. All that is left for me now memories," her mother said. "She was full of life and was a wonderful girl.
    But she couldn't imagine a life without Base jumping."

Her death is the fifth in connection with Base jumping in the Berner Oberland region this year.

Last edited by airdog07; September 15th, 2014 at 04:39 AM.

BLiNC Magazine Supporter (Silver) virgin-burner's Avatar

Re: Wioletta Roslan, a 37 year old Swedish base jumper

almost two years now; i miss that chick.. warm,friendly, that's how i experienced her. LB will never be the same without her.