Twin Falls County Sheriff's Sgt. Dave Benefiel told The Times-News that 45-year-old Timothy Sumpter was BASE jumping off of the Perrine Bridge in southern Idaho on Saturday when his main chute didn't open, and he plummeted into the Snake River.

Sumpter sustained injuries to his pelvis, back and shoulder, and he was airlifted to St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Boise, where he was listed in critical condition.

WATERLOO, Ill. - In August, Tim Sumpter of Waterloo was base-jumping off a bridge in Idaho when his parachute failed to open.
Sumpter fell 486 feet into the Snake River, crashing into just 4.5 feet of water at 100 miles per hour. He broke several bones, including his pelvis, and was unconscious for 17 days.
Now, after months of rehab and recovery, he's back on his job at Jet Aviation St. Louis.
Reporter: "Will you base jump again?"
"No. I have decided the day that I came out of the coma I said two things. I told my wife that I loved her and I said I'll never jump again," said Sumpter.
He says while he's finished base jumping, he won't stop pursuing other hobbies. In fact, he wants to go snow-skiing with his 16-year-old son next month.