Thread: Boycotting Outback in Twin Falls

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Boycotting Outback in Twin Falls

I recommend boycotting the Outback in Twin Falls. They have demonstrated that they are corporate focused, and not customer friendly.
    Recently, I had a friend who had went BASE jumping and went to their establishment afterwards to have a celebratory drink. This person was drinking their beer, and was talking with fellow jumpers and bar patrons. This person was told they could not have any more beers, as their speech was slurred, so to speak.
    That is all good and fine. Everyone has too much from time to time. HOWEVER, the manager or supervisor that night decided to call the police on this person, and try to get them arrested. Not offer a ride home. Not tell the person to leave. This OUTBACK employee let the patron finish their beer, only to allow the police more time to get to the location to perform an arrest.
    Luckily, there was no arrest made. The sheriff's SUV was spotted in the Golden Corral parking lot, facing the OUTBACK parking lot. Presumably waiting for a vehicle to depart. It appears the OUTBACK bar and grill had set this person up for a police sting. Not like they over sold them beer, and then called. Simply, the fact that they recognized this individual was not fit to drive home. Rather than offering a ride home, or calling a taxi, they decided to hide their intentions and wait for this person to get arrested.
    BAD KARMA. This is a bad place for BASE jumpers to go to. This is not the KARMA that we seek, hopefully.
    My friend has still not reacted. From the stories I hear, I will never go there again. It is one thing to say...YOU ARE DRUNK...LEAVE.
    It is a different tactic to say nothing and call the police. Police do not need to be involved. Can't we all just get along?

Never going to the OUTBACK again. I warn people that the OUTBACK is not a good place to be. Try Chile's. They have many more BASE pictures up.

Take care, and watch your back,
    Thomas

Re: Boycotting Outback in Twin Falls

BUMP. Cautioning the jumpers this weekend again. Outback is not as friendly as it seems.
    Thomas