Thread: Wingtip pouch WIOLETTA 3.2

1. Header
  2. Header-59

BLiNC Magazine, always served unfiltered

Wingtip pouch WIOLETTA 3.2

Published on Jan 26, 2014
    ENGLISH
    This is a short edit of some of the 30ish skydives I did to test different prototypes of wingtip pouch. The wingtip pouch is a parachute deployment/opening system dedicated to wingsuiting, originally invented by Simon Perriard.
    It is composed of a deflector that drives and holds the bridle along the arm wing, and a pocket containing a pilot chute located on the tip of the arm wing.
    A release handle, magnetically attached to the gripper of the arm wing just needs a wrist rotation out to open the wingtip pouch and release the PC in the laminar airflow.
    Test jumps proved that this prototype Wio 3.2 is robust, reliable and easy to use (not to say idiot proof).
    This technical creation is covered by a copyleft. Whatever you are a wingsuite manufacturer, a rigger or a parachutist, please feel free to adapt it on your wings, test it, modify it, publish modifications under the terms of the Design Science License (DSL). I don't ask for anything, but I might appreciate if you offer me a wingsuite, a sandwich or a hug. I recommend to the manufacturers who are interested with the wingtip pouch to propose it as a cheap option, so that customers choose it. We are a bunch of people who strongly believe that the wingtip pouch should become THE standard among wingsuit deployment systems!
    The goal of this work is to make parachute opening much more easier when flying a (large) wingsuit.
    I developped it after loosing a handfull of good base jumping friends. I am convinced that the wingtip pouch can save lives.
    I choose the name Wioletta in memory of a pretty, pure, straightforward, skilled and passionated base girl. She passed over because she didn't find the legpouch on her V4...

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/w..._-_SWISS_pouch
    Last edited by airdog07; September 18th, 2015 at 08:54 PM.