911 Tapes Released in Fatal BASE Jump Accident

Updated: Wed 3:32 PM, Apr 06, 2016

ByWCTV Eyewitness News Email

[IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/353*219/Daisher+Baker.jpg[/IMG]

Miles Daisher (left) and Tom Baker (right) were arrested on criminal trespassing charges following a man's botched jump from a Metcalf, Georgia television tower.

By: Alicia Turner
April 5, 2016 - 6:27 pm

METCALF, Ga. -- A 911 call is giving us more insight into what happened the night 37-year-old Brandon Jackson BASE jumped off a TV tower and died.
Dispatcher: “Are you with him?”
Daisher: “We're trying to find him, we were with him earlier and now we're looking for him,"
It was a search that ended in tragedy. Miles Daisher and Tom Baker searched for nearly an hour for their friend before calling for help.
Here's how they describe the last thing they heard.
Daisher: "We heard his parachute open and then I don't know, we heard this noise it was like, and it’s dark, and we're like you know, we're unable to find him."
The 911 call from Thomas County is nearly 15 minutes long. Throughout it Daisher remains calm, but noticeably worried.
Daisher: "We've been walking around and trying to reach him on the radio, and find anything down here. I don't know what happened,"
Based on law enforcement's timeline, Jackson started climbing the tower shortly after the three arrived around midnight. The tape reveals they were communicating by radio. Although they don’t admit trespassing, they do admit to having no affiliation with the tower company.
Dispatcher: "You're not with WTLH correct?"
Daisher: "No, no ma'am."
Dispatcher: "You were just out there parachuting?"
Daisher: "Yes."
Even once Daisher knew authorities were on the way, he still wanted to help.
Daisher: "I was just wondering if you guys had an estimated time, because I’d like to go still kind of look for him if I could. I'd just like to keep looking, you know?"
Dispatcher: "I understand."
Jackson's body was found six hours later.
Daisher and Baker were arrested that day and charged with trespassing. Both bonded out of jail a short time later.
The Thomas County Sheirff's Office says it will be up to the District Attorney's Office to decide whether or not the pair will should face additional charges.