1. Header
  2. Header-80

Welcome: If this is your first visit, start by reading the followingÂ…
Contribute
Feel free to leave comments at the bottom of a page, or become an Editors and change the actual contents.

ENTER the NEW BASE Wiki

Recent changes
If this is a return visit, click here to see what Editors have recently changed.

About the New BASE Wiki.

Ash Cosgriff

Ash Cosgriff

Date: January 25, 2014
Nationality: Australian
Object Type: Earth
COD: Impact. Low pull
Clothes / Suit: Normal Clothes

Description:

Ash and I decided to a 2 way exit with him on the left and me on the right. His plan was to start a track and then roll over onto his back facing back up towards me, then roll back over to his belly and at this point he'd track left and I'd track right for deployment.

We left the tower at the same time straight into a track... his angle was slightly steeper than mine so he dropped below me. He rolled over onto his back and then back again onto his belly. At this stage he was still a bit too under me so I tracked hard away as I didn't want to be above him when he deployed.

I deployed. He continued to track for too long, deploying right before impact. He had lines and canopy out but no inflation. It took me a few minutes to get down and over to him. He was killed instantly.
After we reviewed his footage we can only come up with the speculation that he has either lost altitude awareness or become fixated on an object as this is where he came to rest next to the only tree in the paddock.

I've jumped with Ash a bit over the Christmas period and we had just become good mates. He was a talented guy and I'm so sad and sorry that we have lost another amazing human. My thoughts and condolences go out to Ash's family and close friends through this very tough time.

The List:
BASE Fatality List

*** Please send updates, additions, corrections, or comments to: bfl@baselogic.com, or please contact us.

Media Advisory - This information is proprietary and only for the internal use of the BASE jumping community.
You do not have permission to quote anything presented herein without consent.

In the interest of fairness and accuracy this List will present an inaccurate view when not taken in context. These listed events represent fatalities that have occurred over a period of time spanning 1981 to the present.

This List is not 100% accurate.
These reports change as new information becomes available.
Fatalities are not necessarily in order of their occurrence.

BLiNC Magazine strongly encourages readers to comment on its content. Read the Disclaimer and the policy on Site Naming. Posting a comment releases it in the Public Domain. These comments will be moderated. If you see inappropriate content, please notify the administrator
All rights reserved. No republication of this material, in any form or medium, is permitted without express permission of the author. All images and words are protected by U.S. and International Copyright laws. Copyright 1994-2011
Categories: Category:BFL

This page has been seen 11,070 times.

Current Discussion: Main discussion

1. No comments have been posted for this discussion.