1. Header
  2. Header-80

Welcome: If this is your first visit, start by reading the following…
Contribute
Feel free to leave comments at the bottom of a page, or become an Editors and change the actual contents.

ENTER the NEW BASE Wiki

Recent changes
If this is a return visit, click here to see what Editors have recently changed.

About the New BASE Wiki.

Masking Tape

This page is a chapter in 'BASE Wiki Packing'

Masking Tape: This page has no content contributed yet. If you have experience with or knowledge on Masking Tape, you should consider becoming an Editors. That will allow you to change this page into something more useful.

See Tailgate

02 October 2005

Seth Gray says: I’ve heard of Masking tape used as follows: for every second after 3 seconds of delay (where you are using a slider), apply one wrap of masking tape around your center C & D lines, as well as your brake lines. The wrap(s) should be placed within 1 of the canopy connection point. The person who told me about this, has done up to 10 wraps (when jumping base gear from a plane, taking full terminal flight). I have not used this technique. The purpose of the masking tape is to aid in soft openings. I personally feel that a soft opening is the bottom of the barrel as far as priority lists go, so I have not had a use for this knowledge… yet.

27 October 2005

13:32 by George_C?.

I always use Masking tape on Terminal B.A.S.E jumps.
The masking tape helps promote nose first inflation that:
A. helps with on heading performance B. helps preventing a line over. I have never done more than three wraps using masking tape.
George

02 November 2005

04:22 by anonymous.

04:26 by TapeApe?.

I use 2–5 wraps on every slider up jump. I mainly use this as a packing aid when wrapping the tail. So far I have not noticed any difference in heading speed/performance.
Later

Taylor? — 16 January 2007, 13:38

Was tought by a very well respected BASE pioneer to use 3–5 wraps on all slider down jumps. The method I was tought also is for steering lines only, but I definitely understand why you might want to include inner Cs and Ds. Hope this helps. Works great for me!

BLiNC Magazine strongly encourages readers to comment on its content. Read the Disclaimer and the policy on Site Naming. Posting a comment releases it in the Public Domain. These comments will be moderated. If you see inappropriate content, please notify the administrator
All rights reserved. No republication of this material, in any form or medium, is permitted without express permission of the author. All images and words are protected by U.S. and International Copyright laws. Copyright 1994-2011

This page has been seen 8,616 times.

Current Discussion: Main discussion

1. No comments have been posted for this discussion.