COD: Impact during deployment
Clothes/Suit: Corvid
Gear/Parachute: Zak 2 - All-T
Skydive Experience: 550
BASE Jumps: Unknown
Years/Seasons: 3 - started in 2017 with a break until 2021
Time of day: 10am
Other factors: none
Exit Altitude: 2900m exit altitude (9514 feet)
Conditions: Clear
Winds: 10klm west wind
Description:

I knew Adrien for the last 7-8 years and we spent a lot of time together.
On the day he gave no different signs of being more or less stressed and we arranged to fly the forest line. He pushed 1 sec after me which a 3rd jumper confirmed later. He was always over 50m behind me until we disappeared from the 3rd jumper's perspective still on exit.
I flew voluntary lower and I adapted to his angle of flying as I do often and thinking he'll stay above me, with what was briefed before jumping. I answered to all his questions and waited for his ok to make a countdown.

I realized very quickly I'm alone under a canopy and tried to call him with no answer so I called the Rega and they did an unbelievably good job on the rescue and retrieval. He was found with an opened canopy but closed eyes, unfortunately too late. I have many suggestions and assumptions but until we find his camera, I can't really know what has happened.

Most probable to me, he realized too late of not passing a hill, tried to escape left, trapped into a cuve, pulled and impacted.
It was not his first scex rouge and he knew where to escape but made a mistake somewhere in his present decisions. After several discussions with other close friends of Adrien they all said he loved to fly close to the ground and fly close to terrain, even with his low level of experience and was told on numerous occasions to slow down by them and myself included

If you don't wanna impact, don't fly close. Love

Fatal wingsuit accident in Les Diablerets (watson.ch)

Les Diablerets VD: Wingsuit-Pilot (36) prallt in Felswand – tot - 20 Minuten

This page has been seen 5,491 times.